Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Marc Anthony Stretch Curl Cream

On my quest to find the perfect curl cream for my 4a/b hair type, I was walking the isles of the department store and to my surprise found a product on sale that promised to give me all the things I craved in a curl cream.  I had been on a mission to find local products that were CG friendly but at the same time gave me great definition and hold.  Unfortunately, the Marc Anthony Stretch cream has silicones (although far down on the list of ingredients) and isn't CG friendly.

Marc Anthony Stretch Curl Cream:

The products promise:

Removes puffiness, frizz and prevents shrinkage in tight curls.  Defines, hydrates and stretches each tendril for longer, looser curls.  Adds shine and infused with coconut oil.

My views:

This cream is the consistency of a thick body lotion and has a light lemon scent.  When applying this cream to your hair it has amazing slip and allows you to separate and define the curls easily.  The product does have some stretching ability but it isn't a drastic difference...so don't expect this product to make 4c hair into 3a. 

I personally love this product and it is my go-to staple for my wash and go's.  On day 2 of my wash and go's, I usually just dampen the hair in the morning, apply more cream and I'm out the door.  The product doesn't leave the curls crunchy or hard but gives enough definition while leaving the hair soft to the touch and I have a habit of being heavy handed with my products.  I can say that this product dries quickly and leaves no sticky residue to the hair or fingers.  When using this curl cream, I do apply my oil (sweet almond) and leave in conditioner to my hair first before applying the product to my curls and there is never any white balls of product stuck to my hair, so it mixes well with other products that I have used.  The product does well to remove the frizz and puffiness throughout the whole day.

I was able to buy this product for about $8 on sale at my local Shopper's Drug Mart and a little goes a long way with this product.  I have had mine for about a months, I use it everyday while being heavy handed and I still have more than half left in the bottle.  This cream is definitely a holy grail product as it keeps my hair moisturised, shiny and nicely defined all day....just as promised.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing this review! I have been wondering how 4a/3c hair behaves with this product . . . and also, how this product plays with others. Perfect review!

    ReplyDelete